First for Gratitude today we have the following
- Tommy’s-Makers of a Los Angeles favorite, chili hamburger, the Original Tommy at Beverly and Rampart has been part of our culture for as long as I have been around.
- Family Tree Maker–This software was invaluable in helping me create our family Tree which came out looking great with 185 people just on one side of the family where we only had a sketchy idea of 50 or so. We learned of six generations and had a reunion of 50 people just last sunday.
- Paper Cutter–Scissors are really not fine. Even good scissors, but a paper cutter with a straight cut works out well.
- Empire Total War–The price has recently come down and I can think of no better game this year.
- YouTube–One of my favorite time wasters is subscribing to a few series on such things as Empire Total War and watching numerous gaming battles played out. I watch several of the younger generation conquer the world, while my videos on Time Commander and Rollercoaster Tycoon have been watched over 18,000 times.
So now where are we today in my writing…
First I crossed a threshold today and expect another tomorrow.
I am tracking 18 works that I either have completed or started in a significant state that I wrote enough to be worthwhile (Not just three pages, but at least 40.) I now have just 5 that remain in Work In Progress State, and today I completed between all 18 of these works, 1.8 million words.
I expect tomorrow to reach 650,000 words for the year.
My chart on this, one of them is:
|Count||Book Name||Word Count||Srage|
|1||Born to Grace||210,968||2nd Draft|
|2||Chivalric Dreams||166,726||2nd Draft|
|3||KoTohLan *||144,672||Ist Draft|
|4||Mrs. Bertram’s Hazard *||129,462||Ist Draft|
|5||Caution’s Heir *||123,431||Ist Draft|
|6||Amnesiac Cowboy||118,089||2nd Draft|
|7||Graces of Brantley *||112,871||2nd Draft|
|8||Trevannion’s Legend||125,206||Ist Draft|
|9||NaNoWriMo 2009 *||101,376||Ist Draft|
|10||Colonel Fitzwilliam *||99,959||Ist Draft|
|11||Col. Pen *||98,362||Ist Draft|
|12||Space Mine *||97,915||Ist Draft|
|13||Tranquility Hilton||77,277||2nd Draft|
|14||Born to Grace II||39,387||WIP|
|18||Steam and Thunder *||12,805||WIP|
So i think I have done quite well for the year in production. And it is not just verbal potpourri that comes from my fingers, but I think very good material now. The first few books twenty years ago would have extensive notes and paragraphs in the margins as I edited for I had left themes undeveloped, or I had construction problems, like POV. Now, these last couple years of intense writing, I see only a few notes as i go along. I added 2000 words or so between drafts of Graces of Brantley, for instance.
This week I also completed the edit draft by hand of Caution’s Heir, so I can start entering it into my computer file, and I have now started the edit draft of The End of the World. When finished with that, it will go to publication at Regency Assembly Press.